A watch zone allows you to receive alerts for Incidents and Warnings in a particular area of your choice.
To create a watch zone without creating a profile or logging in, please follow the steps:
- Open the VicEMergency app and select ‘Create a watch zone’. You’ll be asked whether you would like “VicEmergency to send you notifications” so make sure you select “allow”.
- To continue without a profile and have the watch zones accessible on only one device, select Next.
- Read the terms and conditions and select Accept.
- You can then type the address or suburb into the search box at the top and select the location from the suggestion list that drops down.
- Adjust the watch zone radius by selecting the plus or minus buttons.
- Choose a name for your watch zone and type it into the text box.
- You can then scroll down to review the alert settings, expand each type of incident and choose what you want to receive notifications for.
- Once you’re happy with your settings, just select the “Save” button
- Keep in mind, these can be edited at any time.
Please note that your watch zones will only be available on the one device if you don't create a profile.