The VicEmergency Hotline provides information during and after major incidents in Victoria. It also offers information to help householders, landowners and small businesses plan for and recover from emergencies.
It can be accessed by calling 1800 226 226
In a situation where you can see or smell smoke, the VicEmergency Hotline can also advise whether or not a planned burn is in progress.
To report a fire or emergency, phone Triple Zero (000)
In addition to current emergency information, ring the VicEmergency Hotline to find out:
- What you can and can't do on a Total Fire Ban day or during the Fire Danger Period (fire restrictions)
- Current Fire Danger Ratings and what the ratings mean
- Current fuel reduction burns and other planned burns
- Information on how to prepare for all emergencies
- Programs, publications and services available including community meetings
- Emergency Relief Centre location details
- Neighbourhood Safer Place location details
- Information on how to recover from all emergencies, including financial assistance essential water replacement and rehabilitation of assets and forest
- Community Information Guides