The VicEmergency app aligns with the VicEmergency website to provide a centralised location for Victorians to access timely emergency information and warnings.
The app includes warnings and incident notifications for fire, flood, storm, earthquake, tsunami, weather warnings, shark sightings, beach closures and more.
Data is collected and shared from emergency service agencies and departments, including:
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Country Fire Authority
- Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
- Department of Economic Development, Transport and Resources
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Forest Fire Management Victoria
- Life Saving Victoria
- Metropolitan Fire Brigade
- Victoria State Emergency Service.
It uses that information to provide incident summaries and warnings to help you make informed decisions about your safety.
In order to receive location specific app alerts when warnings are issued or incidents occur, you must create a watch zone.
If you do not, you will only receive the following notifications:
- Statewide warnings
- Statewide weather forecasts
- Statewide Total Fire Ban declarations
- Statewide Fire Danger Ratings
- Any Code Red declaration.
For support using the app, please watch our instructional videos:
- Creating a VicEmergency profile
- Creating VicEmergency app watch zones
- VicEmergency app for the workplace