The Fire Ready app was upgraded to the VicEmergency app in November 2016.
This is because FireReady was of an age that it was no longer acceptable to the app stores and needed to be replaced.
We have taken most of the functionality from FireReady and built on this to make an all emergencies application.
The VicEmergency app provides Victorians with access to warnings and incidents for fires, floods, storms, earthquake, tsunamis and water safety.
New features of the VicEmergency app include:
- Incident and warning notifications for all emergencies
- User profile that enables simultaneous access to watch zones and emergency notifications across multiple devices
- Creation of up to 20 watch zones tailored to individual locations and needs
- Ability to edit watch zones and turn notifications on and off
- Screen rotation to view the incident map horizontally
- Responsive design for iPads and other tablet devices
The VicEmergency website was also upgraded so that you can create and edit watch zones and receive warning email notifications.